Turning points


To be honest, I've never made really important decisions. I don't know why, it may be because as I am part of the bilingual group we don't get too many options or because I am a very abstained person when the time requires a decision. I'm so abstained that, even now, in second of bachillerato I still don't know what I want to study when I get to university. However, this doesn't mean that I had never made a decision.
The first decision I made was not to attend to French but to Technology, however, as I was a bilingual student, I had to learn French too. That, honestly, was very disappointing.
Nevertheless, in second year, we had technology too, which was an improvement made thanks to ours parents that were complaining about us complaining of wanting to attend to Technology. It was a step forward.
If I remember well, during third year I didn't make any decisions, whether important nor insignificant. Not until summer. During summer third year students have to think about what to choose: arts or science. However, I had to make a bigger decision: I have to decide I was going to live in Ireland for a year. Truth be said, it wasn't a real decision, my mother said to me “You're going and there's nothing else to talk about”, so it was an awareness. Anyway, it meant a big change in my life, I hadn't done anything like this before, my last travel to a foreign country was in 2009 to Wales with the bilingual group for a week, and that didn't have too much to do against this. I had to choose the subjects I was going to be attending (they were Physics, applied Mathematics, Geography and Biology), and the clothes I was taking with me. Apart from that, I didn't do any other decision for the rest of the summer or even in Ireland. As I said before, I am a veru abstained person.
Last year I didn't make any other decision apart of choosing the science way, and Technology instead of Drawing or Biology(despite that, ironically, this last one was the one I go my highest mark in my year abroad). Any other decision were made during first of bachillerato.
This year, contrary to my habit of not doing decision, I have already done two. The first one is to pass Physics with a good grade. I'm sick of Magdalena saying “Andrés, I'll see you next” or “You better move to arts next years, the upcoming class is better than you in physics”. I'm not going to be trampled; I'll show Magdalena what I am capable of. The other decision is a promise that my mother had made me: if I get a distinction media, she would install a small climbing wall at the back patio with the money they're saving from the university matriculation. That's why I've decide that, after 5 years studying practically nothing (just the minimum to pass or getting a bit more), I've decide to be serious with my studies. Just to get a climbing wall.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario