The Jamaican



In the photo we see a little statue of a Jamaican guy who’s smoking weed. We saw “him” while we were taking part in the cultural Gymkhana. When I say “we”, I refer to my group, composed by Pablo R., María D., me and our Dutch exchange partners, of course. We were looking for a pair of stilts, the typical Dutch shoes, as we had to take a photo of them. The shoes were in the same shop as this guy but, if we hadn't seen him, we would have never stopped in front of the shop and stepped in.
When I see the photo, I remember the enjoyment of the moment, we all laughing seeing the statue, but also the anger I felt when the shop dependant looked at me angrily when he saw that I was taking out my camera from my pocket. He said using a loud voice “No photos, buy something first”. He was in front of me and wanted to take my camera away from my hands. I answered him “Ok, we’ll buy something”. It was Maria who bought some crisps, and then he sat again behind the counter. We didn’t thank him after we go, as we were treated so badly.
We then saw the shoes outside and took a photo of them. In the end, we won a Gymkhana, and all thanks to a Jamaican who was happily smoking weed.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario